Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chicago- My muse!

Three days away from a university town to a place like Chicago with friends might just sound perfect and so was it! The drive was about 9 hours long which didn't seem long enough may be because of the fun we had throughout-laughing our guts out! Reaching Chicago brought back many sweet memories making me love every bit of that feeling. Dinner and a bit of drive through the downtown sealed the day with much to do the next day. We woke up to a scary incident when Vishnu almost drowned in a 9 feet pool and Jen ended up saving him- couldn't ask for a scarier start! I was so excited for the day ahead and wanted to look  my best in one of my dresses which I have been saving it for a long time. The freezing weather outside did not scare me much- may be the love for my new shoes and the dress was way more than wind chill. No sooner we reached downtown, Vishnu and I landed up in a fight- and I ended up changing to my pair of jeans I brought along (which I thought I might need if it gets too cold but ended up using it for a different reason altogether! ) We did end up patching up within half hour shoving it under the carpet may be in the excitement to meet one of our closest friends-Sandeep aka sapota!





Sapota was pleasantly surprised seeing us and so were we meeting him along with Neeta, Nishant after so long time. The Sears Tower, skydeck view and Chicago’s PIzza ended the long day with a mixed bag of feelings. We drove back to Nishant’s place post dinner and I ended up drinking- cocktails, champaign and vodka which gave me a good night drunken sleep amidst the skyscrapers view from his apartment.
The next day might have been the worst I could have ever imagine with the hangover and the nauseatic feeling which did not go down with any amount of water or crocins. I just had to deal with it no matter what I did!!! The ferri ride became the jinxed event of our travel- every time we drove to catch up the next ride we missed it by a few minutes all because of the sick parking and crazy traffic (which might be quite normal in such big cities unlike ours :P) . This was the last day we were spending in Chicago and we wanted to prove the jinx wrong no matter what. So we ended up roaming in the downtown for another hour to catch the ferri and we finally did.
The weather was much better than we expected it to be, and we enjoyed the way the city looked in the broad day light – though I personally felt the night view of Chicago is a total out of the wold experience! The architecture ride was followed by a crazy search for our car as ALL of us totally forgot in which lane we parked our car. As if the wind chill was not enough my hangover made things worse as time passed by. We finally finally located it- the weirdest part was when we took different paths and walked towards the car in opposite directions at the same time :)
The initial part of the drive (back home) gave every one enough time to rest and calm down after the crazy day.The more fun part of it was when I took over driving with jen by my side talking all the way through…..I might have driven for about four hours straight but not for once did I feel bored driving (thnx jen jana jen !!!)….. After the much whining of getting home late and the big day ahead, we managed to get back home at 2 AM- about two hours late than what we actually planned to. All is well which ends well and so was it in our case- I bet everyone held back to those good memories Chicago has given us....the city which will always be my MUSE!!!

6 comments:

  1. nice post Madhuri!! Its so good to see you all together in the pictures.

    -Sindhu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome..looks like u guys had lot of fun except the drowning part which would be really scary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garder cela venir, j'ai apprécié qu'il

    ReplyDelete
  4. aha tagi drive chesindha... n thinking of madhu in hangover is pretty funny..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice... Chicago revision ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sindhu, Sujith, Vishnu & Smita...Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete